SOME STALLHOLDER TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL DAY!
We have done a few festivals now and, with the experience and feedback generated, we have put together a few tips to help your stall be more successful.
1) Offer child-sized food portions for sale – some customers might only want a small portion and be put off by the price and potential food wastage of an adult portion.
2) Samples – these are always popular with customers, people love to try before they buy! Just small enough to give a taster of what you offer.
3) Similarly, perhaps you could offer for sale small taster bags so people can try lots of your products rather than one big product.
4) If you have a website, maybe have people sign up to a mailing list on your stall for your newsletters or further info about what you do
5) If you attend the vegan market in Canterbury, promote that on your stall too, we can provide leaflets.
6) Have something on your stall that details your ethical credentials – eg, you use on fairly-traded products or you bank with an ethical bank, for example.
7) Interact with customers and, most of all, look happy and smiley! People will approach your stall more readily if you look welcoming than if you are sitting there on your phone!